Recent Posts

Wednesday 3 April 2013

The Mission Call!!!!

Papers were a difficult story I eventually got everything together saw Bishop, same week saw President (Wednesday) and then I waited...

Turns out President only sent it 3 weeks later (busy man)... then they were waiting for official police clearance (cause I got another police clearance through a company - the process is the same but they didnt want it) - I thought that might be the case so went to Police station on 14/02/2013 and applied. Area Office then only sent my Bishop an email two weeks after saying they cant send it in, asked president to phone them about it - they said they just needed proof that I applied for it. So I had to go back to police station and get a letter saying I applied...... GASP.

BUT.... I Got My call on Tuesday 2 April - I went to Area Office to fetch it cause I couldn't wait any longer!!!

I got back from JHB at 5pm and had to wait another hour for family and friends to arrive... ok had to wait 1 Hr 45min!! (Which is an eternity when you have to wait for something like this!)



Close Friends which I like to call Family =D

Opening the Call

"Dear Sister Hollander:

You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the 
UTAH ST. GEORGE MISSION!!!!!!! It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 18 months.

You should report to the Provo MTC on Tuesday, 3 September 2013. You should prepare to teach the Gospel in the English language. Your assignment may be modified according to the needs of your mission president."


And there it is!!! Hot St. George!!!

Some Googled Pics of Places in MY mission =D





Valley of the Gods
St George - with Temple
Bryce Canyon
St George



It's Definitely going to be a change of scenery!! Used to Mountains covered in veld or trees. Houses on hills. African Sunrises and Sunsets. Driving on the Left Side of the Road :| Haha.


But I am excited to meet these people I have been called to serve! I know this is where I am supposed to be. I Love this Gospel! 


Anxiously waiting for the next 5 Months to pass!

Keep Well.


Never Give up, Never Surrender. (New motto)

No comments:

Post a Comment