Recent Posts

Thursday 2 May 2013

Tips to become the best Missionary

My preparation has been going well considering that I have not had mission prep class since I got my call and it will have to wait another 3 weeks. I have a few Stake YSA things to attend to instead. Since that is my CURRENT calling I will do as much as I can in that capacity. I still have approximately another 122 Days in this calling so I might as well do a good job of it :) {My countdown is at 124 Days but there are travel days and all sorts you know)

I must say there have been times where I would rather watch a series on TV or Hoop instead of mission prep and I find those days go by the fastest. Then I get scared as to how fast the time is going because I am not doing enough to prepare NOW. Time goes by slower when I am trying to prepare and I find I get a lot more done :) Sounds strange: time goes slower when I am actually doing something and when I am idle it goes faster... But that's how it is at the moment.

I Thought I would share some tips for mission and becoming the best missionary given to me by Respectable priesthood leaders around me.

Tips From Bro Chappie:

  • There are 2 types of Missionaries: 1) Find 2) Teach. 
    • You will either be a finding missionary or a teaching missionary. 
    • Bro Chappie was a Teaching Missionary for more than 3/4 of his mission. Because he was BOLD And used his resources (the Members). 
  • Stay Focused!!! Don't let the boys say otherwise ;)
  • Read Preach My Gospel Back to Front - Know the first 2 lessons before you go into the MTC.
    • I have been trying to just read through PMG so I can get a feel for all that is inside and I just Cannot go through it without writing down impressions or deeply ponder about the principles that are taught.
  • Teach at DA's - Become friends with the kids & serve the families in the wards and they will give you referrals.
  • Keep a Journal 
    • I should start my Journal now so that it is not too much of a shock on mission but I just can't seem to find the time and when I do I just write in the closest note book available... so my thoughts are scattered I also want to compile a note book of some of the notes I have been taking over the last while (also in like 5 different note books including notes I keep on Evernote) and put it in one place. But that is a job for another day.
  • Write companions Names next to their Favourite Scripture in MY scriptures.
Brother Andre' Bester: {Two Things}
  • Obey with Exactness
  • Unity with your Companion
  • Be better TODAY than you were yesterday, and worse than Tomorrow.
Brother Andre' Strongly Believes that these are the only two things you need to worry about to be a successful missionary. There have been many return missionaries I have spoken to and they ALL say you need to be obedient with EXACTNESS not just obedient.  So I will take that advise to heart for sure!! (In the mouth of 2 or 3 witnesses)

Never Give Up. Never Surrender.

Sister Hollander

No comments:

Post a Comment