Recent Posts

Monday 28 October 2013

End of Transfer 1!!!

I hope Sis Massengale doesn't mind I used her heading for my email too :)

Well no shock here but My trainer and I are STAYING in Kaibab Stake!! We not sure whats happening to our district though cause my DL is going home tomorrow for eternal P-Days... But his Comp is now going to the Valley up here in the other stake where sisters used to be.... And this area has NOT had Elders in a Looooong time (Ok about a year or so) because this place was hurt a while back so we are sooo shocked that elders are now in the area....

But will see how that goes, have no clue who my DL is going to be now or how the distract is going to be formed. The other sisters here in Kanab are still here as well so should be a fun transfer :)

Some new things I have noticed about this area.. EVERYONE Chops their own wood... Heard a few people talk of grape and pineapple juice to treat gout. EVERYONE Cans. EVERYONE makes home made Jam (Which is really starting to grow on me!! - Ok I love it!) Scones = Biscuts lol People don't "call" (like you would whistle at a dog) cats the same as I would back home... like they call a cat the same you would call a bird... strange lol. Everyone also Quilts... And yesterday we were called "Lady Elders" in Sacrament LOL

This was a GOOD week. We taught a man in our area who has a controversial column in the newspaper (when ever we tell people we are teaching him they are shocked) well, Sisters have been meeting him like once a transfer (once ever 6 weeks) for the past 6 months. And he is an Atheist and just has a lot of questions every time and we took our Ward Mission Leader with us and he would just answer his concerns from Tithhing to What a typical mormom week would look like with FHE and Mutual and things to Where the Book of mormon came from (historically) and just answering all his questions from a secular point of view and not teaching the DOCTRINE. And last time we didn't get to say anything in the lesson. So we decided to just be us this time. He has already read 1st and 2nd Nephi and is very curious about our religion. We had such a good lesson with him :D We taught DOCTRINE!! Though I don't know if he fully understands all the doctrine. We taught him how to pray and asked him to say the prayer, at first he did not want to pray but then we convinced him... so he starts... "Oh great wonderful beautiful universe, think you for the sparkling day" NOOOOOOOOOOO haha but it was funny :) But we are woking on him. Makes sense I guess if you don't believe in a God. Who else do you pray to. Oh did I mention he is a Family counselor??? But we set up a time to meet him at the Family history center THIS WEEK!!!! Excited about that.

Anyway this week has been jam packed, I got sick Tuesday night like just out of the blue and I'm still sniffling... But it's ok at least its over.

We will probably have a babptism soon!!! A Greek lady whose husband just recently joined has finally got revelation that she should become a mormon!!!! yay!!! I have not met with her, but she refused to see the missionaries for a while. But she is practically mormon...  :) So we should pick her up as an investigator this week!!! So excited to hear what she has to say :D

So We are also starting to work better with the Ward mission leaders, Stake co-ordination meeting has not been what it should (not that I know the difference) But we are hoping to change things up a bit and make it work :)

So I have been reading something called "The Fourth Missionary" by Elder Lawrence E. Corbridge  SOOOOO AMAZING!!! I would encourage ALL to read it!!! (If you find it please send me an electronic copy - I have one that has been photo copied 100 times so it can be tough to read) Even though it is focused mainly on missionary work I know that this can apply to us all.
 

He quotes C S Lewis:


"Give me all of you!!! I don't want so much of your time, so much of your talents and money, and so much of your work. I want YOU!!! ALL OF YOU!! I have not come to torment or frustrate the natural man or woman, but to KILL IT! No half measures will do. I don't want to only prune a branch here and a branch there; rather I want the whole tree out! Hand it over to me, the whole outfit, all of your desires, all of your wants and wishes and dreams. Turn them ALL over to me, give yourself to me and I will make of you a new self---in my image. Give me yourself and in exchange I will give you Myself. My

will, shall become your will. My heart, shall become your heart."


I hope we can all give our ALL to the Lord. I know we will become a better people and become more unified and as we develop these Chrsit like Atributes we will see ourselves change and as a result everything around us will change.

We live in changing times.

Love you all!! Keep the Pacakges and letter coming!!! I LOVE MAIL!! Some random pictures:



All My Best,

Sister Hollander
St. George, Utah Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment