Recent Posts

Monday 21 October 2013

Fwd: WEEK 6!!!


Good Morning Friends and Family!!

Thank you all for your love support and Emails!!! AND of course for my BIG package :P Loved seeing and tasting Chocolate from home!!! HeHe and all those other things I needed :)

Went on a three-sim Exchange this week. Sorta glad she came to us and we stayed together because I STILL don't know the area as well as I should. And Don't remember people as well as I should. Goodness it is crazy!!! But we had a good experience! We saw an older couple taking groceries inside... And So we stopped to help them Well I don't know that we would have gotten into that house had we not helped them. Sister Davila was great though - we offered to help and he said no he can do it and she was like NO we ARE going to help you and started getting the bags out the car. Was great!! I still have a lot to learn with contacting people though. Anyway it was a great experience and I learned a lot from her example and Love for the work.

We then had Zone Conference on Wednesday - had to leave Kanab at 7 to get there by 9... Conference was 9 to 3, then went shopping because the sisters in "the Valley" have already got snow and they needed to gear up for it. So I don't think I explain this very well the first time. So in Kanab/down here there are 3 sets of sisters (cause there were some disobedient Elders in the past so the area probably won't have elders for a long time. So In the Kanab Stake there are 2 sets of sisters one in "the Valley" so covering Oderville and other areas in the mountians. Then there are 2 in Kanab itself covering 3 wards. Then there's US. In the Kaibab Stake covering 7 Wards: Kaibab (Moccasin, Cane Beds and Colorado City); Fredonia 1+2; Kanab1+2+6+7. When we have a normal week we go out to Cane Beds on Tuesdays and Fridays and stay with the Bishop there, he often has referals for us or just suggests Less actives that we should meet up with. We visit with some families in Colorado City. There ARE members there. a few that have come Out of the FLDS church. In fact this Friday we met with an AMAZING family who just 2 years ago got kicked out of the FLDS church and they were sooo lucky that there WHOLE family decided to follow the father (cause it was only him who got kicked out) But they are such a dedicated family. They are thinking of converting - I think it is going to take time but they like our church. I really hope I get to teach them!! So We also don't just go "tracting" in Co city we need to have the Ward mission leader (who lives in Co city) or the Bishop and his wife to come out with us. We are not allowed to take pictures of them else if they catch us doing it they will call the cops. We wave at them but they don't even smile. It is so sad to see what is happening in that community. When you get kicked out of the church you are not allowed to speak to those in the church. The one family we meet with, her mother refused to see them even on her death bed! It is so sad how much this separates families :(

Anyway so Zone Confrence was amazing. Learned so much and was great to see my friends again.
This is my Zone. St George East Zone. We got home soo late we had time to contact one family and that was it. But It was good we got to do some shopping :) Got a nice winter Coat. But it was all so rushed an hour really is NOT enough time. then we had to go to wall mart in hurricane and do our grocery shopping there...

Anyway. It is Week 6!!! Transfers next week. I should be staying here - so should sister Allen, but excited to see if they are going to split the area or not.

I spoke in sacrament yesterday... and I taught YW lol was a crazy day but good. had to make my 15min talk only 5min cause there was not enough time.

Quote for the day:

"One of the reasons we are here on Earth is to strengthen our faith, difficult dark days are a necessary part of life & give us opportunity to build our faith, learn to rely on a power far great we than our own." Elder Larry W. Gibbons

Phil 4:13 - " I can do All things through Christ which strengthens me."

Well time is up Hope you are all doing something this week to hasten the work :)

All My Best,

Sister Hollander
St. George, Utah Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment