Recent Posts

Monday 11 November 2013

Life in the Kiabab

Goood Afternoon all!!!

Not much time.

This week has been great. I love it when we are able to actually teach people! I don't know if I have been discerning needs as well as I could but it is a work in progress. And My goal this week is "It's More Important to be kind than Right" and I find that I really need to remember that. It's a quote I wrote down in my first year of seminary with Sis Debbie Pienaar as my teacher. How I love that Heavenly Father brings to your mind things to your memory things that you learned many many moons ago. It reminds me of my amazing Sister Deirdre (Deidz) who, when we were younger, whenever we got into a fight and i would stalk off and "slam" my door to sulk in my room would have that Christlike approach and made me a toasted cheese sandwich :) she has always been such an example of service and love. And I want to be like her when I grow up. There is still so much I have to learn but I am just so grateful that I have a loving and supporting family. Who really help me in my everyday life.

We have seen so many of the Lords Tender mercies toward us as a companionship. We have had rough times and good times and I know heavenly father keeps his promises - if you remember our scripture we used as our moto for our companionship: Alma 17:11
 11 And the Lord said unto them also: Go forth among the Lamanites, thy brethren, and establish my word; yet ye shall be patient in long-suffering and afflictions, that ye may show forth good  examples unto them in me, and will make an instrument of thee in my hands unto the salvation of many souls.

I know we are now seeing the fruits of our labours. But we needed to be patient!!

We went to the philipino resturant here in town and I think it is the most exotic food we will eat here besides mexican lol It was sooooo good though. a member in one of our wards own it so we ate there for free - crazy how often that happens.

Stake conference was this weekend for all the south and east parts of Utah. it was sooo goood. The adult session was all about the hastening of the work - and there was one lady who spoke who had such an amazing story to tell. She ran the "Grand to Grand" which is 167 Mile Race. (Don't ask me in Kms I don't know) And al that is provided is a tent. They have to pack everything else and then they have to run/walk with all their food and bedding and and and on their backs (20 Pounds). I don't have time to tell her story but here are some notes from her talk:

"Instead of asking Heavenly father to bless us we should ask the Lord what we can do for Him" - MISSIONARY WORK

"Live in such a way that people who know you but don't know Christ will want to know Christ because they know you" - Bishop H David Burton (Also Liezel's Favourite scripture)

People watch you and notice what you do. A Lady from China/Tokyo draw a picture of Julie and gave it to her and it was of Julie reading her scriptures every night.

Live so that you can serve someone TODAY.

She picked up two walking sticks on her journey and she said that they represented faith and works. At first she had faith, but as she shared her faith with those around her she put her faith into action and she said that faith without works is not enough.

I hope that we can all let our light shine, let our good examples be shown to all those around us :) And share our testimonies TODAY. I invite you all to prayfully select a friend today that could use the gospel in their life (Everyone) and invite them over for FHE, or dinner with the missionaries. We as missionaries cannot do it without YOU - the members.

I love you all.

<Sorry no pictures>

All My Best,

Sister Karen Hollander
St. George, Utah Mission
107S. 1470E. Suite 304
St. George Utah 84790
United States

No comments:

Post a Comment