Recent Posts

Monday 27 January 2014

Kaibab Weekly

Another week in Kaibab,

It was a bit of a slow week, Sister Hee was not feeling good this week and seems to be a common thread with all the missionaries, S Eppel, E Molder, S Massengale And others. Wow Cannot wait till winter is over! All you in SA be grateful for the sunny days you are experiencing!

It is way cool though they started an institute class in Co City and wow we were able to go because everyone we would have been teaching was THERE so we decided to go too and I learned so much! wish I had my BOM institute manual and all my note from back then while I study. But alas it is not in the prescribed missionary library. But there is so much to be learned in just the title page and introduction of the BOM. What is great is that alot of the Poligs go to that class and at least they have a strong belief in the BOM there was one however who kept on asking Who said that, who said that. Cause they do not know all the apostles that we have today. Its hard but the insitute teacher IS amazing!!!

We then went to a Poligs house (RV trailor) on wednesday (real snazzy inside) but we were catching them while they were heading out but they had enough time to show us some vids of the "good times" to be a polig, and well I must agree with them they DID have some really good times as they did parades and all sorts for Pioneer day (Utah thing) Then we go to another family, Ok they have been out longer, but they just see the negative in the FLDS Well I won't lie it is an adventure each time we go out but we will only be going there once this week.

Well I don't know if I mentioned this before but one of our investigators whom I invited to be baptized after E Aarnold came, but she said no. Well, I invited her again this week and agagin she said no. :'( she still loves us and we will still be going to teach her. They both go to church and I think she is learning ALOT but we do not know where his records are so this is fun. we had dinner over there on Saturday and we had a good time - I finally had a real thanksgiving dinner! lol

Our District meeting was great I really enjoyed it! Training always helps us to get a bit more excited about missionary work and we really need it cause we have been getting a bit discouraged in our area. But we learn from PMG that "You should not, however, become discouraged; discouragement will weaken your faith. If you lower your expectations, your effectiveness will decrease, your desire will weaken, and you will have greater difficulty following the Spirit." And I think thats what happened on Wednesday when we were not able to put our investigator on date. We were not following the spirit as we really could have. We have a lot to work on as a companionship this week. But i really think that it will be a better week.

Congrats to the BOKKE well the 7s team who played in Vegas (Don't know if any of you even know about that.) well the Bokke WON. My Recent Converts husband went to the game this weekend lol. Good FUN. I love her so much she is so great she got her patriarchal blessing yesterday and I think that was exactly what she needed! I love her so much and she really is like a mom to us! So don't worry mom we are being well looked after!

Some quotes for the week:

" Have faith that you will receive personal revelation" PMG p 90

"Prayer is esential for our spiritual development & protection" E Bednar

"True Faith is focused in & on the Lord Jesus Christ & always leads to righteous action" E Bednar

Love you all and hope you see miracles!

All My Best,

Sister Karen Hollander
St. George, Utah Mission
107S. 1470E. Suite 304
St. George Utah 84790
United States

No comments:

Post a Comment